The following list includes all supplies needed for this course:
- Any pen or pencil – I use Pilot G2 05 pens.
- A Nikko G nib
- A Brause EF66 nib
- A starchy potato (such as Russet) – You’ll need this to prepare your nib for use.
- A straight calligraphy pen
- A brass-flanged oblique pen (Lefties can skip purchasing this supply at the beginning. A left-handed oblique is included in the lefty starter kit.)
- Sumi or India ink – you’ll need to transfer some of it to a small jar.
- 32# Laserjet paper – If you can find it, HP Premium is best.
- Access to a printer – So you can print off the Beginner Modern Calligraphy Online Course worksheet set. (No printer? TPK’s calligraphy starter kit comes with the worksheet.)
- A scrap of tightly woven cotton cloth
- A cup of clean tap water
The TPK Modern Calligraphy Starter Kit
If you’d like to buy a preassembled calligraphy kit that includes everything you’ll need to get started, you can purchase a TPK Modern Calligraphy Starter Kit.
*This page includes affiliate links Amazon.com.