The TPK Modern Calligraphy Starter Kit is the very best kit out there. After years of teaching students — both in person and online — I have a unique understanding of the tools and instructions that ensure your success! That’s why this kit includes:
- Nikko G nib – the most approachable calligraphy nib for most beginners
- Brause EF66 nib – a wonderful little nib that will give you dramatic stroke contrast
- Nib tin – to safely store your nibs
- Pearly turquoise straight pen with universal insert that will fit most calligraphy nibs
- Wooden oblique pen with a flange that I hand-adjust to fit the Nikko G nib like a glove
- “Art water” cup – to store the water that you use to clean nibs throughout writing sessions
- Tightly woven cleaning cloth to wipe off your nibs throughout and after your writing sessions
- Yasutomo sumi ink (2 oz.) – A velvety Japanese sumi ink that’s great for any skill level
- Glass jar with screw-top gold lid (1 oz.) for long-term ink storage
- 49-page workbook (6″ x 8.5″, 15.24 cm x 21.6 cm) full of information and guided practice (Workbook can be used to take The Beginner’s Modern Calligraphy Online Course.)
Calligraphy starter kit dimensions are 9.75″ long x 7″ wide x 2.25″ tall (24.75 cm x 18 cm x 5.75 cm).
This kit was incredible! I had already been doing calligraphy with supplies I had around the house (rag, cup, nib storage) but it was so much easier to have a bundle of all the right tools, not only in the best quality and hand picked by a professional, but also SO aesthetically pleasing! Everything is beautifully designed (the box is a piece of art itself) and it came very well packaged. So excited to keep learning and growing with the help of this kit!
I believe in buying starter kits from the professionals because the supplies are just right and I don’t have to do the trial-and-error method of figuring out what’s what. The kit has everything I need to get started, which I haven’t yet as I just received it and I’ve been very busy. Anyway, the packaging is charming and I am so excited to try my hand with this kit! Thank you for your talent! <3
Rebecca Black –
I loved this starter kit! It has everything you need for just the basics and it’s not too much or too little, it’s perfect!
Monica Granny –
Just starting to learn calligraphy and this kit is a great starting point. Everything I need to get started now I just need to do the work!!!
Sharon Neders –
I love this kit-especially as it is everything I need to begin- in one kit. Excellent quality
I bought this kit for the beginner’s calligraphy online course. It’s great because there is everything you need in one box.
Kaite K –
This is the easiest, most helpful kit to get into the art of dip pen and calligraphy. I am so grateful for Lindsey!
Karen Curtis-Miller –
First off, the whole package is so beautiful! It was like I was 7 again and opening a Christmas present! I have to confess, I haven’t dedicated much time to this wonderful learning process, but from my exploration, I can’t wait to get into a deep dive. I love that I have everything I need all together.
I love this kit. Everything I needed to get started was in there and it’s beautiful boxed.
Angela McNay –
I’m so glad I bought this for workshop week 2021!