Each Ultimate Beginner’s Watercolor Kit is compiled with care here at TPK headquarters in Boulder, Colorado. The kit truly includes everything a beginner watercolorist needs for success; no supply has been overlooked. Here is the purpose of each supply:
- Winsor & Newton Cotman set of 24 watercolors – These student grade watercolors contain every color you could possibly need to paint with; and you can always mix colors to make different tones! Colors include: Lemon Yellow Hue, Cadmium Yellow Hue, Cadmium Orange Hue, Cadmium Red Hue, Alizarin Crimson Hue, Permanent Rose, Purple Lake, Dioxazine Purple, Ultramarine, Cobalt Blue Hue, Cerulean Blue Hue, Prussian Blue, Viridian Hue, Emerald, Hooker’s Green Dark, Sap Green, Yellow Ochre, Raw Umber, Burnt Sienna, Indian Red, Burnt Umber, Payne’s Gray, Lamp Black, and Chinese White.
- Strathmore 400 Series Watercolor Paper Pad – This pad measures 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, and its 12 sheets of paper are tape-bound. The 400 Series is Strathmore’s highest-quality series.
- Ziller Soot Black waterproof ink – Once dry, Ziller Soot Black ink won’t smudge at all when painted over with watercolor! You’ll find yourself reaching for this ink over and over again to create dynamic paintings.
- Straight pen + Nikko G nib – You’ll need this pen and nib combination to draw with waterproof ink and to add very fine watercolor details.
- Two Winsor & Newton Sceptre Gold II paintbrushes (size 0 and size 3) – These reliable brushes are made from a mix of sable and synthetic fibers. The size 0 is great for small detail work. The size 3 is ideal for filling in larger areas.
- Mechanical pencil + Staedtler Mars plastic extruded eraser – These tools are invaluable when it comes to making pencil drafts.
- Blunt art syringe – You won’t find a handier tool for moistening your dry pans of watercolor paints.
- Cleaning cloth – This cloth boasts a TPK exclusive design.
- Art water cup – This lovely little cup features the TPK logo.
- Henna bluebird TPK tote bag – This is everyone’s favorite part of the kit because of that eye-catching bluebird! It’s wonderful for taking your watercolor creation on the go.
The Perfect Pair
The Ultimate Beginner’s Watercolor Online Course teaches you how to use every single one of these supplies. While this Beginner’s Watercolor Kit is formidable on its own (and makes a great gift for anyone interested in watercolor), you’ll unlock its full potential when you pair it with the online course.