TPK Holiday Calligraphy Worksheet 2017 Edition
- Digital files — 19 page exemplar and worksheet set in PDF format
- Limited edition — this item is only available through direct link; you cannot find it in the TPK catalog.
- Detailed exemplar offering information and practice on writing seven common holiday phrases in different calligraphy styles plus instructions over how to create an ornate snowflake calligraphy medallion
- Immediate access to PDF file after checkout
- Unlimited help and technical support — you may contact me here; learners will receive a reply within 24 hours
- Unlimited access — come back anytime and re-download your files, even after this product is no longer available for purchase
- Some experience with a dip pen recommended — this worksheet presupposes a basic understanding of how to use a dip pen
About This Holiday Calligraphy Worksheet
Even if you are familiar with a calligraphy style, it can be difficult to know how certain words will look when written in that style. This exemplar + worksheet set will take the guesswork out for you! In it, you’ll learn how to write seven common holiday greetings, four variations of “2018”, and an ornate snowflake calligraphy medallion! This workbook comes to you as one 19 page file, and includes detailed instructions on how to write the following:
- “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” in an embellished Janet Style
- “Joy & Peace” in Kaitlin Style
- “Warmest Wishes” in Amy Style
- “happy holidays” in an all-lowercase Kaitlin Style
- “Season’s Greetings” in Flourish Formal Style
- “Happy New Year” in Beth Style
- “Joy to the World” in an embellished Kaitlin Style
- Four ways to write “2018” in various styles
- Flourished snowflake calligraphy medallion
The calligraphy styles listed here are all TPK original calligraphy styles. You can find examples of these styles by clicking on the hyperlinks above.
Each section of this worksheet includes the following:
- Instructions for writing the calligraphy
- Tips for creating the calligraphy
- Stroke reference (in red and green, of course!)
- Guided writing practice
- Shortcut tracing calligraphy (You can trace this calligraphy using a light box and your dip pen; or a bright window and a pencil, then a dip pen. The holiday tree does not include shortcut tracing, as it would be confusing to trace over!)
Because of the ample dip pen practice opportunities offered in this set, it is best to print the worksheet on 32# laserjet paper. This paper works beautifully with dip pens, and is my practice paper of choice!
This item will only be available in the TPK catalog until the end of December.