Note that this course presumes that you already know how to write both in print and in cursive. It was designed for adults and will not be helpful for young children.
This self-paced Improve Your Handwriting eCourse will act as your go-to for developing handwriting that you’re proud of! The course walks you through several techniques and drills in the thorough TPK style that learners love. The goal isn’t to radically alter your handwriting (it should still represent you, after all), but you will learn how to write with:
- Better spacing – Cross Drills help you to keep the spacing between your letters consistent!
- A more relaxed grip – Thanks to Relaxation Drills, you’ll learn how to write without tension, leading to polished letters.
- Confident and smooth strokes – As a result of filling out all the drills in the worksheet. Confident strokes always lead to impressive writing!
If you don’t quite understand how to do something, there’s a “Discussion” portion under each lesson where you can ask questions! All lessons include a short quiz and homework assignments.
Here’s the course layout:
Lesson 1: Self-Diagnosis
- This lesson includes two short videos and helps you to pinpoint exactly what you want to change about your current handwriting.
Lesson 2: Setting Yourself Up for Success
- This lesson includes four short videos and walks you through:
- How to ensure that you have the proper writing conditions
- Using the best writing tools for you
- Gripping the pen in a way that’s right for you
- Helpful tips for lefties
Lesson 3: Exercises
- This lesson includes six short videos, all dedicated to improving your handwriting in general via exercises. The exercises include:
- Relaxation Exercises, Picket Fence and Brick Wall Drill, Currents Drill, M’s Drill, Clouds Drill, and the Ova Drill.
Lesson 4: Improving Your Print
- This lesson includes four short videos. In the lesson, you’ll learn:
- How to write in neat, mature print
- How to write using three examples of aesthetically-pleasing print handwriting (“Neat Print”, “Brandi’s Handwriting”, and “Architect Handwriting”)
Lesson 5: Improving Your Cursive
- This lesson includes ten short videos. In the lesson, we’ll go over:
- How to improve your cursive via filling out the cursive-specific drills in the worksheet set
- Effectively writing three beautiful examples of cursive (“Elementary School Cursive”, “Spencerian Handwriting”, and “Lindsey’s Handwriting”)
- Ways to modify your cursive with embellishments and personality
Lesson 6: Practice Suggestions + Handwriting Inspiration
- This lesson includes one short video that details different ways you can practice. The lesson also enumerates tips over how to write neatly “in real life”! The lesson concludes with several examples of handwriting inspiration that you can incorporate into your everyday writing.
The total viewing time for this course is approximately 1.5 hours, but I’d recommend allocating one month to do everything that you’re asked to do in the course.
Once you purchase this listing, you will be given full access to the course videos and worksheet set! Please note that you must have or create an account on TPK to take the course. If you do not have an account, you can easily create one during the checkout process (or create one now). Once you checkout, you will receive an email with a link to the course, or you can find the course in your account.
No supplies have been listed yet.