Janet Style Calligraphy Video Course
- Developed as a supplement for the Janet Style Calligraphy Premium Worksheet Set – Make sure you have the worksheet set before you start the course!
- Provides plenty of guided practice through the Janet Style worksheet
- Clarifies stylistic concepts that are best explained in person such as how to write words with letters that don’t connect and why lowercase ascenders aren’t as tall as uppercase letters
- Includes bonus materials like how to address a perfectly-centered Janet Style envelope
- Clear, quality videos that come from years of experience teaching calligraphy online and in-person
- Unlimited help and technical support — Learners get access to a private discussion for each lesson. All questions on the discussion are answered by me within 24 hours.
- Instant access to videos + unlimited viewing — You’ll find 105 minutes of video lessons. All videos are captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- No expiration – Start this course now or later; you will always have access to the videos.
You must have the Janet Style Calligraphy Worksheet in order to take this course. The worksheet is sold separately from the course! I developed this self-paced Janet Style Calligraphy Online Course especially for those who benefit from visual and auditory learning. In the course, I’ll guide you through the Janet Style Calligraphy Worksheet and provide additional tips to enhance your understanding of the style. You’ll also benefit from bonus materials like how to deal with problem letter combinations and how to address a perfectly centered Janet Style envelope. If you don’t quite understand how to do something, there’s a “Discussion” portion under each lesson where you can ask questions! All lessons include a short quiz and homework assignments. Here’s the course layout:
Lesson 1: Faux Calligraphy
- Video: How to Create Janet Style Faux Calligraphy (6:27)
Lesson 2: Strokes and Drills
- Video: Writing Strokes and Drills (12:04)
Lesson 3: The Janet Style Calligraphy Alphabet
- Video 1: Janet Style Letter Formation Practice (6:43)
- Video 2: Writing Out the Janet Style Alphabet – A Real Life Stroke Reference Sheet (14:31)
Lesson 4: Writing Words
- Video 1: Janet Style Calligraphy Word Practice (8:42)
- Video 2: Writing Out Janet Style Words (20:30)
- Video 3: Taking on Challenging Words (3:56)
- Video 4: About Slant Lines (3:04)
Lesson 5: Calligraphy Customization + How to Make the Perfect Envelope
- Video 1: Adding Flourish to Janet Style Calligraphy (3:11)
- Video 2: Varying Calligraphy Guidelines (4:47)
- Video 3: Making Wavy Guidelines (5:25)
- Video 4: Modifying Letterforms (3:42)
- Video 5: Making a Perfectly Centered Janet Style Envelope (12:02)
The course also includes an intro video, putting the total number of videos to 14. The total viewing time of all these videos is approximately 105 minutes long. However, the course will take much longer than that to complete as all lessons include homework and a quiz. It’s a good idea to give yourself at least two weeks to digest everything in the course.
Once you purchase this listing, you will be given full access to the course videos! Please note that you must have or create an account on TPK to take the course. If you do not have an account, you can easily create one during the checkout process (or create one now). Once you checkout, you will receive an email with a link to the course, or you can find the course in your account.